Different ways to use your Turkish Towel
Take your Turkish Towel from the beach to the airplane and beyond.
We love our Turkish towels for their versatility. Before the idea for the business began to form, Molly and Paul took their Turkish towels on a five week backpacking trip across Europe. Molly used her pestamel as her scarf, plane blanket, shawl and towel (of course!). Anyone who has traveled for a bit knows the simple luxury of a soft, absorbent towel (that covers more than a quarter of your body). After this trip, Molly and Paul realized how wonderfully versatile and practical Turkish towels were for not only travel but also everyday use. And the idea for Loomed NOLA was born!
Our graphic, designed by the lovely BLOODHOUND NOLA, shows the different ways to use a pestamel (Turkish towel).
- Because our Turkish towels are made with organic cotton, they make wonderfully breathable scarves for spring or fall and winter.
- We like using our Turkish towels for baby blankets, because we know our G.O.T.S. (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified organic cotton is safe for use on our little ones.
- The absorbency and quick-drying of the G.O.T.S. certified organic cotton makes our Turkish towels ideal for the beach.
- We keep a few Turkish towels by the couch to wrap up in while watching a film or reading a book.
- Used as a tablecloth on a small table or a table runner on a larger table, our Turkish towels add texture and interest to a dining area.
- Okay, okay – this one might be a stretch, but we personally love to drape our fabulous pup Alice Tallulah in a Turkish towel before she goes out for an evening on the town.
- Finally, we come to the most traditional use for our Turkish towels – a bath towel! Light and lovely for hot summer months, the thin pestamel dry quickly and are naturally resistant to mold and mildew.
Have another use that we haven’t thought of? Tell us about it in the comments, or tag us on instagram: #loomedliving